Friday, September 27, 2013

Morning TWA Horror Fix: Quick and Painless



Ever had those mornings when you wake up, fully rested, sun beaming, birds chirping. It's going to be a glorious day and you are thankful for being able to wake up to it....but once you pull that satin bonnet or scarf off your head, you are not so thankful for your "Morning After TWA". Bed hair will always plague us, even with our short hair. So flat on certain sides, so dry, so...so frizzed out maybe (hence the pouty face I'm making in the above picture, of me just waking up). There is a solution! Well several. Here are some steps/tips to how I wake up my sleeping fro:

1 - I am not afraid of a little water, so I spritz my hair (not drench) with some water and rub throughout my head starting at the roots. I do it in a "lifting" motion. Some people would use combs, I trust my fingers for this if I don't want to pick out my curls and coils.

2 - After working the water and my roots, I put just a little bit of soy oil from Hollywood Beauty in my hand and work it well throughout my hair, still lifting at my roots. Afterwards I use a little bit of ORS Olive oil and work it well in my hair.

3 - Then I take just a little bit of ORS Coconut oil and work it well through. That's usually it on a lazy day, but if I really want to wake up my hair as in I have somewhere to go. I would use any of the three leave in conditioners: Crème of Nature Strength and Shine, Cantu Shea Butter or Eden Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Tree Hair Milk, in my hair. Work it through.

4 - This is optional. If I feel that I want my curls to be more defined, I use Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea All Natural Curl Defining Crème. Depending on how much you use, you're hair will be white for a bit till it air dries. I only need a little work and I work it in my hair, till I get the right definition of curl power. Add a bow, or whatever hair accessory and you are good to go!

Well there you have it. The picture at the bottom is my revitalized twa. It looks out of whack since I tried adding a part (guess my hair isn't long enough yet). As well as I was getting ready for the gym to get my work out in. I hope this was helpful until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment