Friday, November 8, 2013

Product Review - Ion: Inspired by Nature Oil

 
 
A few days ago I took a trip to Sally's Beauty Supply, after receiving an 15% off coupon in my mail. I went to restock on the usual product, but then decided to take a detour to the "expensive" product isle of stuff that I don't need to drop money on or use. I felt the need to see if maybe I can switch up on a new oil, and then I came across this: Ion Inspired by Nature oil treatment. From what I read on the bottle its paraben free and 100% vegan (for those who are looking for a oil with less cow fat or something in their products). It has plants and natural oils within it (wow that sounded professional). This 4oz bottle was only $6, well a lil less thanks to my coupon. So I decided to pick it up and try it out. Gotta switch it up sometimes right?
 
Ok so I waited till wash day to try out this oil, went thru the basic shampoo, condition, towel dry and then dump many things on top so my fro won't dry up. The first time I used this, I underestimated how much of this oil to use. This oil is a wee bit thick and I put three pumps in my hair and it kinda made it look like I had a Jeri curl or something (remember that scene in Coming to America with the Soul Glo fam?). I know I joke with my boyfriend singing the Soul Glo song, but I wasn't serious haha. I wasn't ready to give up on this oil just yet.
 
The second time I washed my hair, went thru all the motions, this time only using 1-1/2 pumps and worked it thru my head. Success! *play some completion game music fanfare*. Now to go thru some pros and cons....
 
Pros - This oil has a nice thickness, dries pretty well after you apply it when you're done washing on wet hair. You only need a little bit of this product, unless you have tons of hair of course. It's as close to natural product for a good price, then you'll probably find at Sally's.
 
Cons - If you put too much of this on your strands, it will make you look like a grease ball (unless you like that look). It will take a long time to dry up off your hair. The smell to me was slightly funky like the wrong flowers was mixed together or something. But it doesn't last long so that's a plus.
 
I only been using this a few times and say it works best with wet hair instead of dry. It just sits there when your hair is dry. I give this a 4.5 out of 5. Well that's it for now. See ya on the flip side!
 
Ion Inspired by Nature Oil
4oz
 
Ingredients:
 
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,DIMETHICONE ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,MAURITIA FLEXUOSA FRUIT OIL ,BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER ,DIMETHICONOL ,DISILOXANE ,AMODIMETHICONE ,THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER ,PASSIFLORA INCARNATA SEED OIL ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,CUCURBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN) SEED OIL ,BASSIA LATIFOLIA SEED BUTTER ,NIACINAMIDE ,SODIUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE ,MALTODEXTRIN ,CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE ,SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE ,PHENOXYETHANOL ,FRAGRANCE ,LIMONENE ,LINALOOL

No comments:

Post a Comment