Friday, November 29, 2013

3 Months Natural! Wooo Hooo!!!

Happy 3 months of being natural. Woooo!!! I am still cream of crack free, not even thinking of it, not going back. Although my fro is still small, I can see the significant difference in it's growth. I am not a camera junkie, but I have been looking back and comparing the pictures I have. I will admit I love love my natural hair, but hate my length. I am a patient person, but when it comes to my hair I'm like "Damnit grow already!!!!". I still do my research of ways to promote healthy growth. I want to do this right. I have yet to straighten my hair with heat, and don't plan on it for another few months. I MAY straighten it for the Justin Timberlake concert in February. Yes I love me some JT and I am so stoked on seeing him (cheesin' like a mug lol).

I am still learning about my hair and will continue as it grows out. I plan on growing it as long as possible *cough butt level cough*. The one thing I don't like about my hair other than the length is shrinkage. I always felt that my hair was not long enough to twist or anything. Then again that's the lazy part of me talking. For the past few weeks, I've been unlazy and trying out ways to stretch my hair. So far I've put my hair up in twists...first time took me 2hrs, second time took only 1hr. My twists gives me good stretch, but it's what I took up recently that really takes my hair to the next level. Banding your hair to stretch it out. So far I've gotten a LOT of stretch from banding, and it only takes up little time. The thing that sucks is I am walking around looking like Loc Dog from Don't Be a Menace. So I try to stretch my hair when it's dry so it'll take less time to stretch out.

My boyfriend (I mentioned him a little bit before), whom I love with all my heart, soul, being, universe, etc is starting to like my hair. Few weeks ago he had confessed verbally that he didn't like my hair at first (well no shit Sherlock! You were giving me the cold shoulder lol) but now he's amazed by my growth and how soft my hair feels. He likes to play with my hair a little sometimes. Which I have no problem with even if he is white. It's my man, if he wants to run his fingers thru my curls, go right ahead. I couldn't be completely mad at him, I mean if I was a man who was use to my girl having long hair. Then all of a sudden she chops it, I would be a little mad too. I am happy that as my hair grows, it's growing on him. Hey maybe someday he can assist me in braiding or twisting my hair.

Well that's all I have to report for my update. I will continue on trying new methods and items. Keep doing what Im doing and I will try to track my progress better. Well see ya later gators! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment